HELP, I have 4 Ducklings!

Whoa whoa whoa, what the heck are you talking about? I bought all Hens so I was unaware you had to check them!? So how you do this and why do you do this? Whats it matter if all males?
Well I must have missed that fact!:lau I didn’t see you bought sexed ducklings. You should be fine then. But had you got several males, they don’t do well with each other when females are around. If they are all males, you may not have a problem. But they can be turds so you never know.

I'm not sure why you would need to pick them up regularly for?..If you ordered all Hens hopefully that's what you received...Drakes can be hard on Hens and can kill chickens if they breed them.
I pick them up because they either won’t go into their pen at night and I get tired of chasing them and worry about their legs. I also pick them up to give them a once over if they are acting funny. They get on my porch and crap and refuse to leave. So I to pick them up and move them to the yard. Little squirts.......

Mmmhmm I started out with two females and five males. Everything was dandy till they grew up a year later. My pekin was over mated and had a raw neck and bleeding wings. The males were trying to kill the one male. It was a nightmare. I rehomed three males and i got a new female. Things are managable now. I keep my two males separate. We will see how things go as it gets colder. The new duck I got is a muscovy and there's a language barrier there. My males will mate her but there is some resentment towards her. Not sure if its bc she's a different breed or bc she wasnt raised with them.

I pick my ducklings I brooded up often it's so sweet to hold a soft cuddly duckling and if you hold it close and have both hands around it they usually settle right down. A quick cuddle never hurt any one. Plus there are times when you have to pick them up if you see one acting off or limping if you have picked them up before it isn't as traumatizing for them. If you want to hold your ducklings by all means do. :)

It would probably be best the ducks have their own living space if you provide food an water inside your coop for your chickens. Ducks are very messy and will make a mess of the coop. Most of us duck owners keep food and water outside of the night coop. Guineas I know nothing about. There is a forum for them though. All my birds are together in a half acre during the day. Do fine together .

It would probably be best the ducks have their own living space if you provide food an water inside your coop for your chickens. Ducks are very messy and will make a mess of the coop. Most of us duck owners keep food and water outside of the night coop. Guineas I know nothing about. There is a forum for them though. All my birds are together in a half acre during the day. Do fine together .
No food or water in coop. Only in the cage I put hens and chicks in until the chicks are a couple weeks old. Then they go out with mom and the flock.

Back
Top Bottom