Help! I have a chick emergency

king2

Songster
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
GA
I bought some chicks from the local TSC and 3 have died already and another one isn't looking so well. I have had them for about a week. They act fine and then all of a sudden they act like they can't breathe well and then they die. I have no clue what could be wrong with them unless it is something they could have caught in the brooder at the TSC. I have other chicks that I hatched myself and they are doing fine it is just those from TSC. I don't know what to do, please help!

I would call TSC and speak with the manager of the store where the chicks came from. Keep them away from your other chicks/chickens in the mean time.

I think it is stress maybe, I read seachick's thread about poor Valentina and the breathing looks excactly the same and there was some gooy poo around the vent area, but after I cleaned the first time it didn't come back. I have separated the one chick who looks sick and he is eating and drinking but he still has labored breathing.

They are about 2 1/2 weeks old. I have raised baby chicks before, but this is my first time buying them from a TSC, I am actually planning on going to the store to talk to the manager. They had A LOT of chicks, I just hope all of them are not sick as well, that would be a disaster for all of the costumers and the TSC owner.

Back
Top Bottom