Help, I hear the chick inside of the egg but it won't externally pip

My barred rock and light Brahma I could hear chirping for a few days before they even pipped and it was loud. so loud I was working (I work from home and they are in my office with me) when I heard it I was like what the heck was that?? and low and behold I go over to the incubator and I hear it peep peep.

out of the 10 eggs I have incubated in the past these 2 were the more vocal before pip

It hatched this morning! (it's about 3 pm in Denmark right now
SAM_7290.JPG

And i managed to get this amazing photo

it doesn't have a name yet, and it's sadly a loner. However i will try to find her a friend or two as soon as possible since i've read online that being a lone chick isn't to good, human company just isn't enough. Of cause if you want a house chicken then that's great, but i'll still get her at least one friend

it doesn't have a name yet, and it's sadly a loner. However i will try to find her a friend or two as soon as possible since i've read online that being a lone chick isn't to good, human company just isn't enough. Of cause if you want a house chicken then that's great, but i'll still get her at least one friend
Do they sell chicks at farm stores in Denmark?

No, they dont.. I'm not even sure we have farm stores. A couple years ago most of the stores who sell animals in general just closed.. I dunno why but I envy you guys over in America or britain. I'll have to check for day old chicks on a local used marked webside we have in Denmark (just like craigslist), or i'll have to check with the local backyard chicken keepers to see if anyone has a rooster or if they have some chicks for sale. Something like that :D

No, they dont.. I'm not even sure we have farm stores. A couple years ago most of the stores who sell animals in general just closed.. I dunno why but I envy you guys over in America or britain. I'll have to check for day old chicks on a local used marked webside we have in Denmark (just like craigslist), or i'll have to check with the local backyard chicken keepers to see if anyone has a rooster or if they have some chicks for sale. Something like that :D
Where can you buy chicken feed?

Back
Top Bottom