Help I need a finishing touch!

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
hello

I have 6 chickens and I want something fun for them they have got a big cage but they need something else like you no how rats have running weels and stuff i need something like that but for chickens any advise?

ScaredOfShadows

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Semora NC - on the VA line
i agree with both the previous posters, cabbage I've always heard is a good thing to keep them active and also reduces flock issues like pecking each other.

I have used the dirt and worm pies, or even throwing a handful of meal worms in a big mound of dirt or sand, chickens get a blast of scratching through the stuff and searching out the good stuff, then taking a dust bath afterwards.

I've gotten bored and while playing with my cats outside with a laser light, noticed the chickens would try to chase it as well...XD so I now go out on cloudy days or early mornings sometimes and play chase the light with the chickens.

FiveHens

Songster
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Bring in some rakings from your yard in a box or throw them kitchen scraps.
Ours shut up for carrot peels

Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
Pull all your weeds and give them a big pile of weeds.

Watermelon, pumpkin (they eat the seeds too), cabbage, a head of broccoli, they love it all.

palochknldy

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Palo, Iowa
There is a Happy Hen Treat Ball that you add your greens to and hang it up and there is a bell at the bottom. You can find it online for $5.00.

Top Bottom