HELP!!!! I NEED TO BUILD A INCUBATOR/HATCHER BY TOMORROW MORNING!!!

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
Ok so I made a mistake and put 2 sets of eggs in the bator. The first set to hatch on New Years Eve and the second set on January 6th. I only have one incubator and no hatcher. Everyone is out of incubators!! I know, I didnt plan ahead, totally brainfarted when I did this!! So I went everywhere trying to make one and NOTHING worked!! I even went to a hardware store and dropped 20 bucks for them to try and make it and it ended up melting the ducktape!!! What do I do???? I currently have a styrofoam cooler and a bunch of other crap I probably dont need! Please help!!

I don't know anything about this, but I think if you search for "skillet" you can find people on BYC who made skillet incubators, or something like that.

do you have a hen you can put them under. I have some that go broody at the drop of a hat. I have a cochin banty right now surragate for a half cookoo Maran half I have no idea

i dont!! wish i did
sad.png
The broody "type" ones are too young still and the others are rirs and dont go broody!! err

thanks guys....i dont think i can get all that stuff by tomorrow am....i think im just going to try it and see what happens
hmm.png

OK, make this simple on yourself. Get a box, a heavy one if possible. Put a 40 to 60 watt light bulb into it somehow. Either a drop light or a lamp of some sort. Take a metal vegetable can with the top cut out and fill it with hot water and place it about a 1/4 inch from the light. Place a thermometer inside at about mid egg height. Place a cover over the box like a piece of plywood or something stiff. A piece of glass or plexiglass would be better, then you can see inside to watch temp and eggs. Regulate your temp by venting out the top. Use like a stick or something to prop the top open a bit until the temp holds at 100. You might have to keep adjusting how much venting you have but it should hold pretty close. Always better to be a bit cool than to be to hot.
It's backwoods makeshift but believe me it works.
Our first incubator was a large Pyrex bowl with a wire basket inside and placed under a heat lamp. Hatched our first two chicks out of it.

Back
Top Bottom