Help I Think I Want some MORE!!!

KatieV that is why I decided to get 6 month old pullets. Winters here are pretty cold and I didn't want to start with chicks this late. We actually had temps down to almost freezing the other morning. I have only lived here 5 months and the locals keep saying this is an unusual year weather wise but I don't want to take the chance right now. It won't be a long winter wanting more though. The six you have will keep you enterained over the winter! The four I bought earlier this year are just starting to really work on the pecking order (they are almost 4 months old) and it is hilarious to watch them bowing up on each other and chest bumping. Luckily that seems to be the worst of it. None of them seem to be picking on a particular bird so no one is getting hurt.
big_smile.png

There here!!! So happy to have more! Promised I would post pictures. I hope I can figure it out
60251_img_8414.jpg

One of the blue girls

60251_img_8413.jpg

Blue girl and new roo!!
big_smile.png

60251_img_8368.jpg

Splash girl

60251_img_8361.jpg

Black girl

60251_img_8343.jpg

60251_img_8389.jpg

My first crow on my property!

60251_img_8424.jpg

Just for fun, baby barn swallows on their first day out of the nest

60251_img_8429.jpg

One of the original girls.

Thanks mmaddie's mom. I think it is going to take a few days for them to figure out this is their new home. I put up a 12'X12'X6' dog kennel around the new coop and the splash pullet immediately flew up on the coop and looked like she was thinking about escaping. I caught her and put her back on the ground. For the rest of the day she was happy to stay there. Well this morning when I went out to feed the horses I found the splash and the black pullets roosting in the barn on top of one of the stall walls. Luckily they were on one of the low walls so I could pick them up and put them back in the coop. The splash girl was not happy about this and tried to peck at me. Ungreatful bird!
gig.gif
Guess I will have to get a tarp to put over the top until they get used to their new home. I don't really want to have to clip their feathers even though I know they will grow back. I just don't want them to get hurt. Oh the drama!
lau.gif

ETA -
60251_img_8396.jpg

See she looks happy resting under the coop. She was just lulling me into a false sense of security.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom