Help I think my chickens are sick

What do you think is causing the respiratory stuff? That looked like enough ventilation on your coop, but maybe they need more? My chickens have never had that problem, so sadly I can't advise.
I've heard it's ventilation and having a roof on the run so I've been told to let them free range more

Hmm... Maybe you can make another vent on the one of the other sides of the coop?

Do you know what the roof has to do with it? The run seems like airflow would be fine. Maybe it is about them being in the dark and not the sun? I guess I am in the dark about chicken respiratory health.

Thanks for all the helpfull feedback but one more question could the sneezing be from irritation my neighbors were burning and the smoke blows into our yard and they treated for mosquitoes could that do it?

I think that definitely could be why. Birds have sensitive systems. How often do those things happen? I think you would see flare ups around those times, too.

If it is a chronic problem I think that you want to find other ways than antibiotics to treat, because the illness will just become resistant and it will stress their microbiome. I would do research on holistic respiratory health for chickens, or just anything you can do to strengthen their immune systems other than antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom