Help i think my dusk is sick

Up date?
caf.gif

I got up at 4.30am to check on her :)
She still seems 'quiet' but she is still here and that's a good thing.

I was thinking last night, i had them in my house for the first week or so, then enclosed on my veranda
then about a week ish ago i moved them to the small grassed area in the front of the veranda,
they have some shade there, and i put a umbrella over their pool, but it can still get hot in that area
I'm wondering if she didnt like the heat so much ?
I can't put them in the back yard yet as the chickens still have a bit of a go at them.
I was waiting till they were big enough to look after / defend themselves.
I was always with them when i let the chickens come into the front area (so i could get them accustomed to each other)
but one of the chooks in particular didnt take kindly to the ducks being there.
It didnt attack them so much as it gave them warning pecks when the ducks waddled over to them.

So today is another day of her still being here
yesss.gif
So will keep watching her carefull till she seems herself again.

I just let them out onto the grass, the other duck is frolicking and eating, and jumped in the pool.
The poorly one isn't doing anything, she looks so sad
sad.png
'

I just let them out onto the grass, the other duck is frolicking and eating, and jumped in the pool.
The poorly one isn't doing anything, she looks so sad
sad.png
'
Keep the Soluvent in their water, it will probably take a few days to notice a difference in her, but glad she is still hanging in there. And if her legs are weak you might try the niacin just plain ole niacin sprinkled in their water, it's very inexpensive . you didn't say if the Soluvent had niacin in it.

Last edited:
ok i shall do that, thank you. I did just read back through the ingredients and noticed niacin isnt in it.
I'll go back through the messages to see if someone has mentioned - but- any suggestions on what niacin i can get ?

I have just noticed something funny (strange, not haha)
The other duck isn't 'pining' for my poorly girl. She usually goes off when i separate them.
The 'bigger' duck went in for a swim so i put my poorly girl in to, she wasn't really interested
but the bigger duck kept grabbing and pulling at her feet, i had to take her out :/
I wrapped her in a blankie and sat her on my chest for awhile.
I now have her on her blankie in a crate. I have the medicated water and chick starter in with her.
She seems ok to eat a little if i hold the bowls up for her.

I'm thinking of taking a half day off so i can monitor her.

She wont eat, i have put the chick starter/bowl to her mouth and she nibble a little earlier
she wont drink unless i hold the bowl to her beak and gently push her beak into,
i've also noticed she isn't pooing at all
:/
I think a miracle is needed now
sad.png

Last edited:
Poop is good glad to hear it.
highfive.gif
niacin is always recc. when ducklings are having leg problems just plain niacin not time released .And your other duck is picking up on this one feeling poorly and is taking advantage of the situation. It's just the way they are.
http://metzerfarms.blogspot.com/2011/03/are-my-ducklings-leg-problems-due-to.html
yes that is what i figured, is why i separated them, cos they never do that.
hmm.png

ok i have to go out for a good couple of hours,
fl.gif
she is perky when i get home
frow.gif

Well so far so good
smile.png
I let her have a swim when i got home.
I put her in the pool and put some grass in for both of them and she had a nibble at it,
she also drank some of the water. She moved around just a little.
She looks a bit better than yesterday, still not great, but a little better is better than not :)

Here she is, on the left (taken about an hour ago)

She is back in her crate for a rest. I have been helping her drink her medicated water.
She still isnt eating though. But i would think drinking is more important...yeh ?

Back
Top Bottom