Help ID a couple of chickens?

The Sparks Coop

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Sparks, NV
This one has furry legs and I have no clue if it is a hen or not. It is 11 weeks old.

60829_dsc_0231crop.jpg

This one I think is a leghorn? Also no clue on sex either. This one is also 11 weeks old.

60829_dsc_0236crop.jpg

You might get more replies if you posted this under "What Breed or Gender is this?" Just a helpful opinion. To answer your question though, number one is a boy, and number two is a girl. Hope that helps!

Quote:
You'll see more pronounced wattles and combs long before you see spurs. Those really take some time. On average, a year or more for any appreciable growth.
wink.png

As to possible breeds, it looks like there is either golden Brahma or maybe speckled Sussex in there someplace on the brownish one. Most likely a cross breed. Where did you get them? Did you hatch them yourself?

Quote:
You'll see more pronounced wattles and combs long before you see spurs. Those really take some time. On average, a year or more for any appreciable growth.
wink.png

As to possible breeds, it looks like there is either golden Brahma or maybe speckled Sussex in there someplace on the brownish one. Most likely a cross breed. Where did you get them? Did you hatch them yourself?

Thanks for the response! I got them from the local feed store, they order from Privett. I guess if they crow I will know!

Back
Top Bottom