Help Identify My FluffyButted Frizzles (pic heavy!)

Sukiyaki

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 19, 2008
Houston Area, Texas
I saw two frizzles that were labled as hens at the feedstore that I couldn't pass up. I'm the proudest mama ever, they're super sweet and extremely adorable--and their fluffy butts are to die for!

I'm new to chickens but I think they're bantam cochins. I've no idea what to call their colorings and I'm not entirely positive they're both hens, either.
roll.png

They're still pretty young. They're at that half cluck-half peeping stage and they're TINY. Both are smaller than even my smallest polish chicken.

Pictures, go!

DSC01879.jpg

Everyone, meet Penny-Jo. Penny-Jo meet the wonderful BYC forum members!

DSC01874.jpg

Showing off her fuzzy rear!

DSC01884.jpg

She's a much more easy-going hen than her fellow frizz. I was able to get some good glamour shots of her!

DSC01865.jpg

And this is Mary-Jane. She way faster than her counterpart.
roll.png

DSC01877.jpg

Mary-Jane, special guest: Penny-Jo!

DSC01878.jpg

I really like the coloring on MJ and she's already brave enough to steal things from me when I'm eating!

smile.png
Thank you for putting up with my doting.

They are ADORABLE!!! so fluffy and soft looking! I'm no expert but I have to agree mary-jane looks like a roo from what I have seen on here. Bigger wattle and longer tail feathers.

Aw shucks. MaryJane could be a boy?
sad.png
I've had nothing but bad luck with roosters. They're always sweet right up until I turn my back. Oooh I hope she's just gender-confused!

Any ideas on what their colorations are called?

Thank you for your help so far!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom