Help identify please - new owner

ASD Dad

Chirping
Mar 15, 2018
Upstate, SC
Here are the photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ecqyor9VzZExbV1s2

Bought from local chicken lady who is somewhat well known in area. She has 100's of chickens but most looked to be non-mixed (they were in separate coop runs).

They were bought two weeks ago and we were told they were 2 weeks old or so. That means 4 weeks old now (maybe). I posed in the baby chick forum but they said maybe try here for better luck.

What we were supposed to be buying were - 2 Blue Cochin (1 male). 4 Laced Wyandotte of various colors - all female.

Two of them - the all white and the one with dark circles around eyes are about twice the size as the others and growing fast. I am 6' 2" with decent sized hands (I can palm a basketball) so put my hand behind them for reference where I could.

I am starting to think what we thought we bought and what we have may not be right...

You have one gold laced wyandotte in the mix, your bottom left corner photo. I do not think you have any other wyandottes because they have yellow legs and your chicks do not have yellow legs except for this one and the splash/white looking chick that is in the top left photo (unless this ends up being a columbian wyandotte, but I'm doubtful of that). The two with feathered feet would be your cochins. I'm not sure what the others are.

Well, I see no blue cochins at all. I see two barred birds with feathers legs that might be barred cochins.

I see one chick that might be a gold laced wyandotte.

This one here is neither a wyandotte or a cochin. It has a single comb, which wyandottes do not have.

The black one and the white one, I'm not sure what they are. They look like they might have rose combs but I can't tell for sure.

barred rock, JG or BA, lavender Orpington, GL something??, i canot remember for the life of me what that breed is called but it is the white one with black spots..LOL, and maybe barred cochin.

Well, I see no blue cochins at all. I see two barred birds with feathers legs that might be barred cochins.

This one here is neither a wyandotte or a cochin. It has a single comb, which wyandottes do not have.

The black one and the white one, I'm not sure what they are. They look like they might have rose combs but I can't tell for sure.
i was writing and my page didn't load this... I AGREE!!

X2

Great.... So I either go back and complain after feeding and raising them for two weeks or we deal with what we have. My wife and kids really wanted the Blue Cochins She had a bunch there and they wanted that big fluffiness (and color).

I guess I wait till more chime in or they get bigger to figure out the others.

Any guess on age?

Here's my young "Tractor Supply Quality" Blue Cochin for comparison.
P_20180323_142116_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20180323_142139_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Back
Top Bottom