Help identify this worm! (UPDATED with fecal float photos)

SarahGfa

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 26, 2018
My turkey poult pooped out a live worm! It was squirming around. Can anyone identify this worm? I already filled their waterers with Wazine because that was all I had.

The turkey just had a fecal float last week but there were no sign of worms in the test???

UPDATE: new fecal float photos

Attachments

• worm1.jpg
    worm1.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 36
  • worm2.jpg
    worm2.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
GROSS. thank you for the help!
Should I treat everybody? He is the only one who has been acting sick.

Yup. Tapeworm segment. You can treat these with fenbendazole (praziquantel is not labeled for use in food animals), but it may not be necessary. If the bird is otherwise healthy, a few tapeworms are harmless.

Last edited:
PS. Should I dump out the Wazine water?
Wazine is supposed to be given for one day only, then discarded. However, wazine has been off the market for 4 or 5 years. I'd check the expiration date on the bottle if I were you, it most likely expired a long time ago and might be ineffective treating large roundworms.

Wazine is supposed to be given for one day only, then discarded. However, wazine has been off the market for 4 or 5 years. I'd check the expiration date on the bottle if I were you, it most likely expired a long time ago and might be ineffective treating large roundworms.
The expiration date is 9/2022 and I bought it last year. Wierd... California is usually the first to ban things.

Back
Top Bottom