Help identify us!

rascally

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma

New to the forum and ducks. Love these stinkers!!! I know Oats is a Khaki but unsure of sex. Quakers is either a magpie or aconda. Mark and Crusoe have is stumped. Can anyone help? TIA.

rascally

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks!! We were really confused on the rouen vs mallard. I'm hoping I have mating pair. One has developed a white spot on the back of it's neck. Also they came from the same batch but one is a lot bigger (fingers crossed). The geese are African despite my daughter's hope they were toulouse.

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Well, they are a fine looking bunch. I recall that rouens have a double eye stripe (most of the time) and mallards have one, sometimes with a dot.

rascally

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma
Thank you. I really love them to bits. I can't wait til I have their run done to let them out all the time, lol.

rascally

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma
Today was the first time outside ever and they were supervised. My plan is to make a coop for my chickens and a separate one for the ducks & geese all enclosed in one large run. I live in a rural town but I know there are occasional critters. I'm sure my yard will become a magnet. I hope to get started very soon!

Yanno, I put them all in the tub earlier to swim. There was nothing better than 2 drying goslings in my lap sleeping while their duck siblings were still swimming

Last edited:

rascally

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Oklahoma
Oh! I forgot to mention I think they're going thru duck puberty, lol. Their voices are starting to change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom