Help identifying a chicken!

PussCat

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Been to our local motor club meeting tonight and one of the guys there had a chicken he was looking to home! He found it in an abandoned caravan, on its own... it's only young, as you can see from the pics....

I'm planning to take it to the local chicken farmand see if they'll take it on..... if not, we might just keep it!

Anyway - here he / she is!!

IMG_3476800x600.jpg

IMG_3477800x600.jpg

IMG_3479800x600.jpg

IMG_3480800x600.jpg

IMG_3481800x600.jpg

IMG_3490800x600.jpg

IMG_3491800x600.jpg

does anyone know what kinda chicken it is?? and what to feed it?? it was very thirsty til I put the catbowl of water in with it lol...

Give it some water, and you can give it medicated chicken feed for the babies that will help them grow a little bit. Also make sure you have a heat light to keep it comfy!

thanks for that.... I've never had a chicken before, lol....

any idea what breed it might be?? I'm guessing from the size it's probably about 6 weeks old?

She might be a mix.
hu.gif
And I'm thinking that she's more of about 4 weeks old.

For now, you can scramble some eggs and I'm sure she'll gobble it up right away. When you go to buy feed, make sure it's chick starter or chick starter/grower. Not adult chicken food. She's too young for that.
smile.png

Some Walmarts even carry chick starter...if you can get to a feed store they would have feeders/waterer and the right food for sure. I agree that she is younger 3-4 weeks...she could be a Australorp, that's the only thing I've ever had that sorta looked like her!

thing is, I'm in the UK..... will see if I can get to a pet feed store tomorrow
wink.png

I'll go and try some scrambled egg now!

Last edited:
she's a girl, and appears to have a black back and black wings, a white breast, and a few wisps of orange/brown on the hackles... right?

I've never seen a breed like that! So it's most likely a mutt, and, if not, you can look up the Feathersite--they've got every breed under the sun!

Quote:
You should keep it, I'll bet it'll make a great pet.
love.gif
Poor little thing!

By the way:
welcome-byc.gif

Kinda thought you were British....what is the American equivalent for a caravan?

Back
Top Bottom