HELP IDENTIFYING AND SEXING CHICKS

Just another update as the chicks are about 6 weeks old now!
1st few pictures is EE#2 from page 1

Last few pictures are from EE #4
To me it's looking more cockerel, especially in the third picture. The feathers are starting to look like rooster feathers.

Is that for both chicks pictured ? Or just one ?
Oh, I thought they were the same bird, sorry about that. (I was wondering why they looked like they changed, lol.) The second one is looking like pullet. The first one is definitely a cockerel though.

Oh, I thought they were the same bird, sorry about that. (I was wondering why they looked like they changed, lol.) The second one is looking like pullet. The first one is definitely a cockerel though.
Hahaha no worries ! Ok yeah the tail feathers are significantly different also if that matters yet. I know usually the females get them first .

Here is a picture of them side by side and another one with the brown EE puller in the middle .

Attachments

• IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    632.3 KB · Views: 15
What you are seeing on your pullet is a female-specific color that cannot be found on males. And size does not really matter in Easter Eggers—they are a mixed breed, so they can be large or small.
What are the female-specific colors? Learning something new... :) I am keeping a close eye on a grey EE that I keep thinking may be a cockerel, but from what I've learned could just be a larger female. Maybe week five will start showing more evidence. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom