HELP IDENTIFYING AND SEXING CHICKS

The first is a cockerel because of reddening comb, pointed hackles, and the red coming in on his wing bows. Red wing bows are a trait that only males can have. A blue tint on the tail means nothing for the gender, I'm not sure what you are talking about?
I heard somewhere that if they have a blue tint on their tails that could indicate a Roo…. But maybe not lol

What makes you think they are prarie bluebells and not Americana ?? Tractor supply bluebells and Americana were in the same bin ….
A Prairie Bluebell Egger is simply a type of Easter Egger that has been marked with a different name. A lot of hatcheries are now creating their own lines of Easter Eggers, with the Prairie Bluebell Egger being one-the purpose of this is to get more customers, as the name may spark something in their mind that thinks a "Prairie Bluebell Egger" or the like sounds more formal than an Easter Egger, therefore they falsely think that they may be better off getting them. An Ameraucana is a blue-laying breed which is rapidly declining in its population and rare to find due to the much more popular Easter Eggers taking them over. In feed stores such as Tractor Supply, the Easter Eggers may be marked as "Americanas." This is a fake name and is used to lie to the feed store's customer and trick them into thinking the chicks presented to them are actually Ameraucanas (which is spelled different, as you can see.) So, Americanas are Easter Eggers, and Prairie Bluebell Eggers are only a strain of Easter Eggers.

A Prairie Bluebell Egger is simply a type of Easter Egger that has been marked with a different name. A lot of hatcheries are now creating their own lines of Easter Eggers, with the Prairie Bluebell Egger being one-the purpose of this is to get more customers, as the name may spark something in their mind that thinks a "Prairie Bluebell Egger" or the like sounds more formal than an Easter Egger, therefore they falsely think that they may be better off getting them. An Ameraucana is a blue-laying breed which is rapidly declining in its population and rare to find due to the much more popular Easter Eggers taking them over. In feed stores such as Tractor Supply, the Easter Eggers may be marked as "Americanas." This is a fake name and is used to lie to the feed store's customer and trick them into thinking the chicks presented to them are actually Ameraucanas (which is spelled different, as you can see.) So, Americanas are Easter Eggers, and Prairie Bluebell Eggers are only a strain of Easter Eggers.
Thank you for that ! Yea I remember I went to TS 2 months ago and they had AMERICANAS spelled like that with the blue bells . I went back yesterday and they had AMERAUCANA. So not sure if these are the actual ones or just says that and how would we be able to ever tell the difference ? Here is my little one I grabbed yesterday .

Attachments

• IMG_7572.png
    IMG_7572.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7571.png
    IMG_7571.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for that ! Yea I remember I went to TS 2 months ago and they had AMERICANAS spelled like that with the blue bells . I went back yesterday and they had AMERAUCANA. So not sure if these are the actual ones or just says that and how would we be able to ever tell the difference ? Here is my little one I grabbed yesterday .
Tractor Supply does not carry real Ameraucanas, all of them are Easter Eggers. You will be able to tell what they look like when they grow older, but they are Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom