HELP IDK IF THIS IS GONNA HATCH IS IT GOOD?!

I'm glad you pointed that out. I had someone wanting to give me some. I wasn't interested, but as mentioned from what I read, I did think abt it. We got the goons to eat ticks, but they quickly became part of the family.
Theyre very nice to process. Takes me about 20 minutes as opposed to the 90+ for a cockerel.

And hardboiled quail eggs are nice because you can eat them whole. No being weird and taking bites out of it

Awww that's cutee!!,how are they they for handling I have time to tame them and spend time with them as a baby!
Their nature is to not be handled,to tolerate us bc we feed them, but that's it. - and I've had some like that. And I've been bit. The ones who are like that don't seem to fit in with the confusion, either.
It's a discussion that comes up once in awhile in the guinea forum,re my "tame guineas".🤷‍♀️
I let Mama tend to hers this summer-she deserved it. But the ones I hatch I brood in the house & do handle them a lot (& get chastised bc "you're not supposed to do that.")
You definitely would not keep it in your house bc they are very loud. I've brought one in for a day or two due to injuries. One used to sleep in my lap while I rocked the chair - I was inconsolable when he died.
Needless to say, I love my goonies. But I wouldn't live with them as adults.

Theyre very nice to process. Takes me about 20 minutes as opposed to the 90+ for a cockerel.

And hardboiled quail eggs are nice because you can eat them whole. No being weird and taking bites out of it
Oh i- thought there ur ur uh pet ?! Damn

Their nature is to not be handled,to tolerate us bc we feed them, but that's it. - and I've had some like that. And I've been bit. The ones who are like that don't seem to fit in with the confusion, either.
It's a discussion that comes up once in awhile in the guinea forum,re my "tame guineas".🤷‍♀️
I let Mama tend to hers this summer-she deserved it. But the ones I hatch I brood in the house & do handle them a lot (& get chastised bc "you're not supposed to do that.")
You definitely would not keep it in your house bc they are very loud. I've brought one in for a day or two due to injuries. One used to sleep in my lap while I rocked the chair - I was inconsolable when he died.
Needless to say, I love my goonies. But I wouldn't live with them as adults.
Oh lmao sorry for ur loss he died on ur lap:(

Oh lmao sorry for ur loss he died on ur lap:(
Well no, he didn't die in my lap-I think I would have preferred he had to just finding him dead. But he used to sit in my lap and fall asleep doing so. 20200127_174457.jpg

Yes, guineas are VERY loud, you do not want them in the house for a pet, at least I certainly would not recommend it! Also, all of these birds we are talking about are flock animals. They cannot be happy by themselves with only a human as a companion, they really need several of their own kind to be with them to be healthy and happy.

Yes, guineas are VERY loud, you do not want them in the house for a pet, at least I certainly would not recommend it! Also, all of these birds we are talking about are flock animals. They cannot be happy by themselves with only a human as a companion, they really need several of their own kind to be with them to be healthy and happy.
Excellent point.

Back
Top Bottom