Help I'm falling..

crazyfeathers

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Auburndale, Wi
Well I have a SLW who tried to snuggle up with my RIR, EE, and another SLW on the steps to the haymow. Since there was not enough room for the 4 of them the SLW fell about 8-9 feet and injured her leg. I have read numerous other leg issues on BYC. I have her in a cage with fresh water and food. I have her in a draft free area. I have read that it takes about 2 weeks for the leg to heal is this correct? There is no break anywhere on her leg, when she walks she loses balance and uses her wings to keep her upright. Anything else I should do, she has been separated for 3 days now with some improvement. Thanks for any feedback. ;)

Maybe give her space to 'work it'. I have a silkie that had both feet frozen solid and is recovering. He wobble walks and has to have his wings for balance so that means plenty of space to spread out for practice. Wishing your chicken a speedy recovery!

Well good news for the SLW today. She is standing up and eating and drinking like a trooper. She is a bit wobbly on her feet yet but much improved. I am very happy about this as she is so beautiful! Since the fall I think it has been about a week. Thanks

The SLW seems to be in the same condition as yesterday, She is eating and drinking well. She has been standing up to poo so no pasty butt lol. It makes me wonder if she will ever be 100%.

Back
Top Bottom