Leg Disorder, Thread 2

LhickenChicken

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2023
Rimbey, Alberta, Canada
Muffin has been having leg problems for a few months now. I am not sure if she was hatched with that problem. She is roughly four months old, and is an EE. One of her legs seems to be slightly swollen in the hock and leg. The other leg is normal. Also, it seems that one of her legs is in the right place, and the other one is farther away from it, meaning her legs are too far apart. I'm wondering what could have caused this, what it's called, and how to treat it. I was thinking of trying to put her in a sling so that I can correct her legs. What is the right course here? I am including pictures of her legs here. The leg with the one lone feather on it is the good leg.
Bad leg
IMG_0872.JPG
Good leg
IMG_0873.JPG
From top view, both legs
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG

Can you please post current photos? The photos you posted are the same from back in July on your other thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chick-with-slipped-tendon.1590716/

A video of how she moves may be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Did you ever treat with antibiotics as suggested in the other thread?

If she able to get around on her own, interact with the flock and eat/drink on her own?

Can you please post current photos? The photos you posted are the same from back in July on your other thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chick-with-slipped-tendon.1590716/

A video of how she moves may be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Did you ever treat with antibiotics as suggested in the other thread?

If she able to get around on her own, interact with the flock and eat/drink on her own?
All right will have to take photos today. I tried to get the video here and it won't upload for me, I also can't get it onto youtube. No, I did not treat with antibiotics because it didn't make sense because it seemed to be that the leg was out of place and I couldn't see why antibiotics were needed. She is mostly able to interact and eat and drink. But there is a very stupid cock in there that is chasing her around and pecking her (I think he wants to mate) and she can't get away. The other cock is chasing her sister and also another cock that is her bodyguard so she is practically defenseless. Also, I have to pick her up so that she can stretch her legs each morning, otherwise she can't get around as well.

She is mostly able to interact and eat and drink. But there is a very stupid cock in there that is chasing her around and pecking her (I think he wants to mate) and she can't get away. The other cock is chasing her sister and also another cock that is her bodyguard so she is practically defenseless. Also, I have to pick her up so that she can stretch her legs each morning, otherwise she can't get around as well.
Sounds like you need to separate the boys out for a while and let the girls have a break.

Back
Top Bottom