Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
I think it would be considered a broker but most puppies for sale there come from puppy mills.
Honestly I would jus avoid it all together. Responsible breeders will advertise other places.
The pups there often have issues and the sellers are often shady.

Look for AKC registered parents.
yes try also looking at akc specific breed fan club websites, some of them may have breeders listed... and some people may even be willing to ship you a pet.

My cat is a ragdoll that was shipped/flown from FL to NYC. Speaking of breeds he's one of those that doesn't conform to his typical breed temperament lol very standoffish cat, very much likes his space and not to be bothered. There is no going limp "ragdoll" when you pick him up. 🤣

AKC registered doesn't mean much, just means the dog is a pure bred. and pure bred does not = well bred
Yes, I agree, but at least then they're a bit more trust worthy and you can (usually) learn more about their breeding background. And you can report them to AKC.
Better than buying from someone who posts on CL then dissapears.

Definitely don’t pick my absolute favorites, the Pomeranian! 🤣🤣🤣

I think the Corgi should definitely be looked into. There a lot of people in my town with them. They appear the most well managed dogs I ever met! :love

Make sure the breeder are actively breeding. I encounter some breeder halting due to COVID.

I would recommend a husky. They are amazing, chill, walkable, non-yappy dogs with a thick coat and the best snuggles ( although your bed might end up as theirs🤣)
I'm not sure if you would want to deal with the shedding- but in my opinion, shedding is the only downfall I have seen in huskies. They are all around awesome dogs🤗

If you don't have a secure yard, don't get a husky. ^^;;

Siberian Huskies have a high prey drive. Not good around chickens. I know from other people's experiences.
Do not get a husky. I love the breed, fantastic, inquisitive, intelligent, highly energetic dogs with high prey drive. My sister's "played" with a groundhog, until it swatted at him. He picked it up, shook twice and killed it. Not good around livestock.

Back
Top Bottom