Help I'm making a incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by other than pete, Feb 19, 2016.

1. other than pete

other than pete Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2016
    Oklahoma lol
    I got the idea from the down home incubator on this sight. But some things I don't understand. I need some help.
    Like this pic [​IMG] I don't understand what the wires are in the PVC pipe. Would that be a stat. Plus would this be a effective bator. Success rate. Any help please. God bless you

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I don't have a clue. Could you go back to where you found this design and ask the poster for information?

3. other than pete

other than pete Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2016
    Oklahoma lol
    I figured it out. I'm not much of a reader . more of a hands on kinda of guy. Look and build. But iv learned to read when I'm at loss. What that is is a fan in the PVC to circulate heat.I'm excited to start this project. I have a lg still air. I hate the darn thing. I'm on year three with it. And have never had good success rate. The way I figure is hatch my own eggs. Why buy unless I'm getting new breed. Plus I want to make some spending $$. Eggs sale fast. So try my luck with Chicks now. I love my birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by