Help! Impacted crop pt 2

Jenthehen127

Songster
Mar 16, 2020
Western Pa
My poor girl has a large mass stuck in her crop. She is able to get some food through as she is pooping. It feels fibrous as best as I can tell. I've given her coconut oil and stool softener. How many days can I give her that? Is there even a point? I don't know if she can pass whatever is in there? Is there anything that could help break down whatever it is? I don't know what to do at this point. Her crop was empty all except the mass of whatever. Does anyone have any ideas at this point? Thank you.

My poor girl has a large mass stuck in her crop. She is able to get some food through as she is pooping. It feels fibrous as best as I can tell. I've given her coconut oil and stool softener. How many days can I give her that? Is there even a point? I don't know if she can pass whatever is in there? Is there anything that could help break down whatever it is? I don't know what to do at this point. Her crop was empty all except the mass of whatever. Does anyone have any ideas at this point? Thank you.
Have you been making sure she's eating only poultry feed or what's she been eating?
Crop issues can take time to resolve and you will have to work on it daily.
Give the coconut oil 2 times a day with massage and see if you can break up what's in there. I would not give stool softener more than 2 days in a row - that's me, others may give it more.

According to your other thread, which was started at the beginning of the month, it was a false alarm? So...are you checking the crop first thing in the morning or when she's had something to eat?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/impacted-crop.1463796/

Have you been making sure she's eating only poultry feed or what's she been eating?
Crop issues can take time to resolve and you will have to work on it daily.
Give the coconut oil 2 times a day with massage and see if you can break up what's in there. I would not give stool softener more than 2 days in a row - that's me, others may give it more.

According to your other thread, which was started at the beginning of the month, it was a false alarm? So...are you checking the crop first thing in the morning or when she's had something to eat?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/impacted-crop.1463796/
Yes, it did seem to be empty the morning I checked it. I did think we were in the clear. But then it happened again. She is only getting her feed and I did give her about a spoonful of yogurt yesterday with her feed and the stool softener. I will continue the coconut oil. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom