Help Incubating Eggs

Are you in a humid climate? Even running dry my humidity runs around 35 - 40% as an average first 18 days. Adding one or two sponges in Tupperware’s on lockdown spikes it up to 65-70%. But, like today, outside humidity is 94% here
That is nutzo. With my temperature/hygrometer out in open air, it only reads 16% humidity. From the first 18 days to lockdown, I have had the humidity in the range of 35-40% and it hatched fine. But like I said, it was only because my homemade incubator couldn't hold a high humidity for whatever reason so I had to make due with what I had to work with and thankfully it went fine without a hitch.

Second chick out! And it came from the really porous egg that had a big air cell, so hoping means the rest can get out.
3 more with external pips including one that was pipped last night (11hours total) i know they can take 24 hours. But the hatched chicks have rolled him over snd i can see him better. The membrane around the opening has turned brown, does this mean its shrink wrapped? If yes do i still wait the full 24 hours before trying to help? Still alive a beak is moving inside the egg.

Little update for everyone who has helped out!
6 chicks out! One i was worried about i ended up helping and glad i did, when i candled the egg found it hadn't pipped the cell air(was wrong position in egg, had pipped wrong spot) started helping and it was sure ready to come out all veins etc had gone. It is currently in a seperate incubator as i didnt want to open the hatching incubator too much.
And 3 more eggs with external pips so fingers crossed! If they all hatch we will be looking at 9 out of 11 eggs that were fertile! (Last one never started forming)

Few hours later qnd we now have 10 chicks out! Here i was thinking i had ruined the hatch. 11th not sure if its gonna hatch or not, last candle it was fully developed so will give it a few more hours. Last chick to hatch was about 12 hours ago, now on day 23.
And 12 egg was never fertile. At the moment 90% hatch. Thanks everyone.

So hatxh finished with 10 chicks! Thanks everyone goes to show how tough they embryos are.

Attachments

• 20180925_175438.jpg
    20180925_175438.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 7
Incubator is a Janoel, holds up to 35 eggs. Its about 5 years old and still going.
Yes they are very cute. Grow up so fast though!

Back
Top Bottom