Help !! Is bedding safe!

kaythlin

Chirping
Oct 28, 2017
Hello so I am not new to chicks but I am new to aspen bedding. Never used it and I had some left over from my Guinea pigs and as a last resort I put it in my chicks tank, I’m thinking it’s okay (natural aspen) but it’s smells really strong and every time I get near I start sneezing and it’s like a strong smell I can’t believe being in there, I put them in and they seem fine I guess but could this affect them, should I just use napkins or something?
here’s some photos Just in case it could help in any way
image.jpg
image.jpg

I wouldn't be worried about using Aspen. I use it with my adult birds.

However, I don't know if that tank is big enough for all of those birds. Can they escape the heat if they need to? I know tanks can heat up pretty fast, and it doesn't look long enough to have a really good temperature gradient. I'm mostly basing the heating thing off of raising reptiles. I've never kept birds in a tank before. I could be wrong, it just doesn't seem like they have much room to escape the heat.

They are so cute. What breeds are they?

I wouldn't be worried about using Aspen. I use it with my adult birds.

However, I don't know if that tank is big enough for all of those birds. Can they escape the heat if they need to? I know tanks can heat up pretty fast, and it doesn't look long enough to have a really good temperature gradient. I'm mostly basing the heating thing off of raising reptiles. I've never kept birds in a tank before. I could be wrong, it just doesn't seem like they have much room to escape the heat.

They are so cute. What breeds are they?
That’s just a temporary home I had a bigger tank and I just need to wash it out so they got switched.
I have a thermometer which turns off the heat of the room and turns it on to keep constant temperature which is comfortable for them. Lamp is super low and it’s barley giving off heat it’s just used for light mostley
And thank you :) they are Easter eggers / ameraucanas I was told

Back
Top Bottom