HELP!! Is his Wing Broken?? PICS!!!!!!

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone I noticed for a few days that my male pigeon was staying on the floor of the loft and that his mate was the only one sitting on the eggs. So finally I picked him to put him by his nest and found that his legs and feet had dried blood all over them and his wing looked broken. One of the chickens must have attacked him. I'm not worried about the blood on his legs - that will heal. But I am VERY WORRIED about his wing. DOES IT LOOK BROKEN? WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HIM? He can't even fly up to get to his eggs.

Please help.

18360_male_hungarian_001.jpg

18360_male_hungarian_002.jpg

18360_male_hungarian_003.jpg

Last edited:
If that wing isn't broken, I'll be surprised. Best to patch it up just in case so it'll heal properly.

This helps:
http://www.pigeons.biz/pigeons/index.html - click emergency care, and then it'll take you to an article on how to wrap broken wings. (for some reason the article has the same url as the home page)

It would also be good to wash up his feet and put some neosporin or other antibacterial ointment so it doesn't get infected.

Quote:
Thank you so much for the link. Tomorrow I will go and buy some vet tape. This male and his mate have a fertile egg they have been sitting on (they broke the other one). Do I keep letting him sit on it? or do I take him away and just let the female sit on it?

Back
Top Bottom