Found injured pigeon today

I ended up going through with my decision and released Valentino, the whole experience was very amazing, watching him get better made me feel very happy, I’m not sad but happy that I ended up making a difference since his population (band tailed pigeons) apparently decreases by 2% each year. I happy that he got better and that I could release him, hopefully he goes on and keeps his species thriving, I will miss him yes but I’m just happy. When I let him go I saw that he was already growing some feathers back on his chest area so it made me feel that he was ready to be let go. At first when I let him outside he just stood there for a few minutes before ultimately flying into a tree and then other pigeons came to him and he happily bobbed his head so I think he is also happy. Thank you all for reading and helping me help Valentino but this is where this story ends. I just hope he stays healthy and out of danger now. ❤️
Happy Ending!

Thank you for taking such good care of him and he's now able to fly with the others.
I'm sure you'll miss him just a little, but it's great he healed and went on his merry way.

Back
Top Bottom