HELP, IS SEVEN DUST SAFE?

sundance

Songster
12 Years
I bought 5% Seven dust today to dust my chickens for mites, reading the instructions it says DO NOT USE ON PETS OR HUMANS, The human part I get but can I use this to dust my chickens with out killing them. I love my chickens but not the mites, I also have DE. which is safer for my ladies?
fl.gif
marrie

Now that all depends on who you ask. Your gonna get conflicting comments on this. I used it last year in my coop and on my chickens and no problems whatsoever.

All of my life, we've used 7 dust on our outside dogs for flea and tick control. Here is the first time I've heard of it used on a chicken, but I would feel safe doing this in moderation if it kept them free of mites and lice.

They HAVE to put that on the bag since pet use is "off label" use. Its to cover any liability law suits.

Use it in moderation and you should be just fine. If it weren't safe, we'd all have a lot of dead chickens.

Sevin is safe. Have used it on dogs for fleas. The only problem I ever had with it was that is turned our white Komondors orange. Also have used it for lice on chickens and goats. Worked great!!

People have been using it for fleas on dogs as long as I've known.

I'm glad they've come out with Frontline and relatively safe products that work, but I've still used Seven Dust when fleas got out of hand. I always apply outside and try not to breathe the dust any more than necessary.

...okay, different opinion here....I don't eat my dogs.
tongue.png

I would never use it on something I eat or something that produces something I eat.

Has anyone ever heard of using hardwood ash for dust baths...okay, COLD ASHES of course!! I've read somewhere that it's good for pests.

Back
Top Bottom