Help, is the chick in the egg okay?

Air cells are small at the beginning and get big and slant right before hatch date. Can you see veining in the eggo?
I just candled them again, and I think I see something? I'm not quite sure what it is, but the air cell seems a bit more slanted than before
VideoCapture_20201119-194718.jpg
VideoCapture_20201119-194712.jpg

I wasn't sure from the other pictures, but that looks like a foot to me. Is it moving? I'd say it's around day 14-16, chicks reposition after that and you can't see toes that way. The air cell seems maybe a bit big, so whatever you're doing for humidity, I would up it.

I wasn't sure from the other pictures, but that looks like a foot to me. Is it moving? I'd say it's around day 14-16, chicks reposition after that and you can't see toes that way. The air cell seems maybe a bit big, so whatever you're doing for humidity, I would up it.
I've been having a hard time seeing movement, but when candling the egg on the pics in the first page, there was definitely no feet. The egg has been with me for about a week, and there looks to be some development. Today was the first time I saw feet, and the round part of the egg has been up the whole time, so it couldn't have appeared due to gravity. I raised the humidity as recommended, so now I'm just crossing my fingers that the chick's okay!

Yeah its very rare to see a foot before day 14, especially if your egg is dark. The chick needs to be big enough. Even a medium brown egg can be hard to see veins in.
At this point, don't worry too much about turning it, and watch for the air cell to really move and get more lopsided sometime in the next few days.

Uhhh so I might be candeling a bit too much so this is the last time, but I was checking the egg and it had this weird blob thing on one side of the airbag? I included both sides in the pictures
VideoCapture_20201121-132211.jpg
VideoCapture_20201121-132153.jpg

Blob:
VideoCapture_20201121-132110.jpg
VideoCapture_20201121-132057.jpg

Blob side view:
VideoCapture_20201121-132142.jpg

Haha, it's hard not to. I hand turn also and you get very used to handling the eggs.
Hard to say without seeing it in person(I can't really discern anything from your photos) , but if the shadow of the chick has changed shape, it's probably changed position to get ready to hatch. It can look like that--up against one side of the egg. You might not see much movement at this stage, the egg is a lot more full than it looks, but as long as you see veins you're still good.

Today should be day 20/21, I was looking at it, and think it might be oozing something. There was originally a very small crack in the egg, but today, the crack suddenly became much larger and a clear liquid was leaking from the crack, and it seems to dry slightly yellowish. There isn't any smell, but I think it might be a goner :(

Attachments

• 20201124_185921.jpg
    20201124_185921.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
No, this is the only egg. It came from a market so I guess it's chances were low in the first place :( The incubator is currently/has been in my room, but I don't want it to cause my room to stink if it explodes. Would it be a good idea to wait until tomorrow just to see if there are any changes?

Back
Top Bottom