HELP!!! Is there anything I can do?

stupondo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
windsor, ct
We got out chicks about a week and a half ago. All of our other chicks are playing fine but Omlet (who was growing normally and seemed fine) won't wake up today even when she was picked up. She has been peeping for a while now and 2 hours ago she was favoring her left foot. I thought she was alright but tired because she would still open her eyes and respond. Is there anything we can do? I would feel awful if she passed away and I could have done something.

I would seperate her. If you have a place you can bring her inside where you can keep a more constant eye on her. Make sure she's getting enough water. Keep her warm. Sometimes I think they pile up on one another if they get chilly and can get hurt in the process. I'm sure there are people with more detailed advice to come, but just find her a warm, makeshift brooder box in your house and see if she does pull out of it. Good luck!

Also make sure she is not too warm; this is often how they act if too warm. Do you have a thermometer in there? It needs to be 90 or cooler.

It may be she will die no matter what you do, though. Sorry.

oh no i am seeing a bubble form near her neck- i think its internal bleeding

this is awful
hit.gif

she passed away...
hit.gif

called the place where we got our rir's and they think it was internal and that our other chicks will be alright

Back
Top Bottom