HELP! It look oms like my duck is missing an eye!

lillyrosesmum

Chirping
Feb 13, 2016
East Texas
I came out to feed this morning and found one of my ducks sagging her head. One side of her face is swollen and it looks like she's missing a eye! i know shes in pain and all she wants to do is hide and hang her head. What should I do? They are free range so anything could have happened. :hit

Vetericyn eye wash is something I keep on hand. Works great for foamy eye and irritations. However, if you think the eye is ruptured or gone, it won't do anything. You'll need an antibiotic ointment to keep infection away. If you can keep her eating and free of infection, she'll survive, but at a bit of a disadvantage when free range. Best of luck to you.

Well it turns out she was bit by a snake. Not sure which kind. After dosing her with children's benadryl for her extreme swelling, Advil for the pain, antibiotics, a worried duck mom and a dark quiet room to recoup she is doing fine. :celebrate her eye is there but has a fog but I do know she is using it. It may clear up completely but only time will tell. All is well and today is her last round of antibiotics! :ya

Well it turns out she was bit by a snake. Not sure which kind. After dosing her with children's benadryl for her extreme swelling, Advil for the pain, antibiotics, a worried duck mom and a dark quiet room to recoup she is doing fine.
celebrate.gif
her eye is there but has a fog but I do know she is using it. It may clear up completely but only time will tell. All is well and today is her last round of antibiotics!
ya.gif

Oh my goodness, the poor dear! Good job taking care of her, and so glad to hear she is ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom