Help its hatching day and it's been 10 hours

matt71389

Hatching
Apr 28, 2015
TN
It's hatching day and it's been 10 hours since the peep hole was made, I tried to break the outter membrane just a little for air and nicked the inner membrane, it's the size of a tooth pick. I have it on a warm wet paper towel insode the inqubator at the moment

For now leave it alone. They have a lot of stuff they need to absorb before they can hatch. I'd say wait 24 hours from the time of pip before you try to assist the hatch or you can do more harm than good. Have you read the assisted hatching article? It may be helpful for you if you do end up needing to help the chick out.

I had a little guy start at 9 this morning, then had to work till 11, I read the article a few time then tried remove the shell a little for it.. it's my first hatch, I'm a nervous wreck :(

It's okay, don't panic :) As long as the little guy can breathe it's in no immediate danger of dying. Give him a little time and he'll likely hatch on his own. If he's not out by the 24 hour mark, then you might want to think about helping.

Well there hasn't been any sign of employment, I left it alone for the night and this morning tapped it a little to see if I herd it peep.. don't think it has survived.. I've had my humidity in the 60s the last 3 days, just don't think it was enough. Out of the 19 eggs I got 1 to hatch.. Guess I have a long way to go

Back
Top Bottom