Help....It's our first hatch!

hmm.png
ummmm....I did try to candle a few of them around day 14, but in reality....i don't know what I'm really looking for and don't really know if I saw much. They are thick brown shells. I did see air pockets in the right areas. Are you supposed to candle ALL of them? I only did a few. Did see dark blobs...but....???? really...does that mean much? I am comforted by your words, though. I am the mother of 3 and I realize today that I'd make a lousy father!!! I'm biting my nails - just a nervous wreck. Now, I have a new appreciation for fathers.
smile.png

ok...after church we went and got a hydrogometer (spelling?) and it's been reading about 80% for a couple of hours. I've tried to lower it a little, but I think that's way too high, huh?

I don't wanna drown the chickies.
sad.png

What's the correct humidity?
Thanks

It is the last 3 days....day 20 to be exact. A few minutes ago, hubby was trying to bring the humidity down, moved the hygrometer (sp) and he heard our first peep.
big_smile.png
I know, I know, don't count chickees till they hatch, but I was beginning to wonder if any of them were ever gonna peep.

I was told that as long as the water was not dripping off the inside of the incubator, things will probably be OK. I have eggs pipping right now. My humidity is at about 73%. Try not to open that incubator. That's what I have been told many times.

Yeah, I know we're at a hands off stage, but we thought we might be getting a bad reading cuz it was sitting kinda right on top of the water. He moved it further from the center. We're gonna read it again in a few minutes. I hate not knowing what I'm doing.
barnie.gif

One of the most important things when hatching is LOTS of deep breaths!!! Seriously! Pace some, wring your hands, stare into the bator every few seconds if you must. But DON'T open it!!!! You will do fine, I am sure!!! Good luck and congratulations on the little cheeper!!!!!
woot.gif

Oh, I also meant to add, candling isn't actuallly necessary. You can candle one or none or all of them. You can candle once, twice, or every day. I am a candling psycho freak just because I LOVE seeing the babies!!!
smile.png
You DO plan to post pics of the new babies, right?????
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom