Help....It's our first hatch!

Just got a camera for Christmas. If I can figure it out, I'm sure you'll see plenty of the progress!
woot.gif

P.S. Humidity down to 75%...that's better, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, that should be fine. Like everyone said, if it isn't dripping off the inside of the bator, you should be alright.
smile.png
Wish I could get mine up!!! I can't seem to get past 68% or so and it is driving me insane!

Hello I'vegotchickenfever,
I'm also hatching for the first time!
fl.gif
It's so exciting and nerve racking at the sametime. Mine are due on this Friday the 13
barnie.gif
so I'm at the sitting on my hands stage too. We are so lucky to have the BYC and the enablers,
lau.gif
oh i mean awesome people
hugs.gif
that are so willing to help us newbies. So what are you hatching out and how many? I'm hatching 14 BBS Standars Cochins eggs and 11 of them look very promising
fl.gif
I can't wait to see your pictures of the little fuzzys.

Hey I love cochins,
It's so exciting and nerve racking at the sametime. Mine are due on this Friday the 13

Ditto... Here's the update. I've heard a little peeping and two shells have cracked, although I don't think they've actually "pipped".
Now, I have a question. If I've heard peeping, does that mean the danger of drowning has passed - or could some of them still drown?
hu.gif
I mean, I think if they're all in the same incubator with the same conditions, they would pretty much ALL drown, or they ALL escape that danger. I dunno. anyway, there are 36 all together. We have RIR and Black sexlink Hens with (don't laugh) a dominecker roo. Then a friend gave us a set of 2 dom hens and another dom roo. So...I don't know what kind of funny looking chicks we might get.
tongue.png

BTW...good luck with your hatch. I'll be following to see how you do!

Hubby says it's black sexlink roo...I don't know​

Last edited:
Ditto... Here's the update. I've heard a little peeping and two shells have cracked, although I don't think they've actually "pipped".
Now, I have a question. If I've heard peeping, does that mean the danger of drowning has passed - or could some of them still drown?
hu.gif
I mean, I think if they're all in the same incubator with the same conditions, they would pretty much ALL drown, or they ALL escape that danger. I dunno. anyway, there are 36 all together. We have RIR and Black sexlink Hens with (don't laugh) a dominecker roo. Then a friend gave us a set of 2 dom hens and another dom roo. So...I don't know what kind of funny looking chicks we might get.
tongue.png

BTW...good luck with your hatch. I'll be following to see how you do!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! From everything that I've read, that if you can hear peeping that means they've pipped into the aircell. As far as the eggs cracking I myself would consider that to be pipped.
celebrate.gif

Wow with that awesome breed mix, it's gonna be like a "box of chocolates" You'll never know what your gonna get!!
ya.gif

As far as the chicks drowning, I've read that as long as your bator isn't dripping wet, the chicks should be fine. I know there is someone with more info on the BYC that will hopefully chime in.
fl.gif
please keep us updated.
fl.gif

Oh and by the way
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom