Help!!! Lethargic hen

That's a tapeworm, flat and segmented.
Dose her with Equimax equine paste. Dosage is 0.15ml for a 5 pound hen. Or 0.03ml per pound of weight. Redose in 10 days.
The Equimax will be in the equine section at a feed store.
After looking it up, is it about the same as the durvet ivermectin but just a different brand??

I understand and sympathize with your worries about your sick hen. I have a pullet I've been agonizing over, and it's emotionally draining. Your hen is very sick, but I do believe there's hope for her to pull out of this.

Did you order the antibiotic I linked to? If so, get her started on it as soon as it comes. If you didn't order it, then order this. https://www.kvsupply.com/item/aqua-mox-250mg-capsules-100-count/P06184/ It's a more general broad spectrum antibiotic. It's very possible she has bacterial infection, and an oral antibiotic just could help her. You could also call around to pet or aquarium supply stores and ask if they have fish mox. You would give her 250mg per day for ten days. You would notice improvement by the second day if it's working.

I understand and sympathize with your worries about your sick hen. I have a pullet I've been agonizing over, and it's emotionally draining. Your hen is very sick, but I do believe there's hope for her to pull out of this.

Did you order the antibiotic I linked to? If so, get her started on it as soon as it comes. If you didn't order it, then order this. https://www.kvsupply.com/item/aqua-mox-250mg-capsules-100-count/P06184/ It's a more general broad spectrum antibiotic. It's very possible she has bacterial infection, and an oral antibiotic just could help her. You could also call around to pet or aquarium supply stores and ask if they have fish mox. You would give her 250mg per day for ten days. You would notice improvement by the second day if it's working.
I didn’t buy it since I wasn’t sure how long it’s going to take for it to get to me and figured that a vet would be able to give me something quicker. I’ll try looking for this nearby. It’s getting late so I don’t think I’ll be able to get to any local feed stores before closing

Ok so I’m making a quick stop at Walmart to see if they have it here before going to petco. But I had an epiphany while driving. The antibiotic makes sense. I ran out of the expired one she was on before the corid came and she was hanging in there until recently

Hello chicken tenders! I did a little bit of research but I’m not sure if I’m misdiagnosing this issue or not. Is there anyone who can give some insight?

I have a 3 year old silkie hen. She normally free ranges in my backyard until I let my roosters out. Then she goes into hiding and stays stationary throughout the day. At first, I figured that she’s scared of them chasing after her and didn’t think anything more of her behavior until a month or two ago I noticed that she hasn’t been eating as much. After holding her, I can easily tell that she lost weight (she’s now 1lb 6oz :hit.) I started bringing her in at night and feeding her. She was okay at first but now she has lost interest in food, especially her favorite ones. Is she just getting old or is there something else that’s going on with her? My parents are saying she is getting to that age, but I have a rooster and a hen around her age that are still very active and living their best life so instincts are telling me that there is something definitely wrong.

These past couple of days, I’ve given her Sav-A-Chick probiotic and electrolytes, and low fat plain yogurt with vitamin E but I don’t think it’s helping much. After doing a bit of research, I suspect that there might be something wrong with her crop? I don’t notice any bump because she hasn’t been eating much, but I do hear gurgling noises.

Her feather wings started to hang low last night and thinking that it might be sour crop, I started her with garlic water. I’m honestly at a loss and I’m not sure if I’m going in the right direction with this. Does anyone else have any ideas?View attachment 2452160View attachment 2452161View attachment 2452162View attachment 2452163View attachment 2452164View attachment 2452165View attachment 2452166View attachment 2452167
So sorry to hear that. Definitely take her to the vet ASAP. That is the best thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom