Help! Looking for a New Bantam Breed!

aaoddancer14

Chirping
5 Years
May 25, 2015
I've really only had experience raising silkies and Rhode Island Reds. Right now I only have 3 silkies and I'd like to get a few new chicks to add to my collection:)

I really really want a frizzled buff Polish bantam because they look like little owls but after realizing how difficult they are to find, I think I'll wait a while for those. (Unless someone around the Lancaster PA area has any!)

I'm having a tough time deciding what kind of bantam I want. I want a pretty or unique looking bird that is also really friendly not only with people but with other chickens because my silkies may be full grown, but they're a bunch of babies
lol.png
. I'm afraid that I'll end up getting a breed that seems friendly but ends up picking on my silkies. If anyone has any suggestions or pros and cons of different bantam sized breeds I would really appreciate the help.

Love my Belgian d'Uccles! They come is several colors, too. Bantam Cochins are great, and so are bantam Buff Brahmas. Seabrights do have a reputation of being difficult, but I've never had personal experience with them. .Look up the Cochins and Brahmas. Mary

Love my Belgian d'Uccles! They come is several colors, too. Bantam Cochins are great, and so are bantam Buff Brahmas. Seabrights do have a reputation of being difficult, but I've never had personal experience with them. .Look up the Cochins and Brahmas. Mary
Thanks, I'll look into those too!

Back
Top Bottom