HELP! Mama is clueless!!

Awww, too bad they're not JGs! But who cares? They be adorable.
love.gif

I don't know what breed it is, but I do know it's NOT a jersey giant and it's a male.

What hatchery does your feed store order from? Maybe that will help narrow it down.

Quote:
Ideal. I knew the male part too.
hmm.png

I contacted Ideal via email with that pic attached this morning. As much as I love Ideal.....

They told me the chick was too young to identify and they would be happy to help me identify it once it reaches maturity. Well crickets! Once it reaches maturity I'll be able to identify it myself!!!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Nope, they all were solid black as day olds, with a few having a bit of yellow on their bellies. Solid black otherwise, no white marks on head, no eyeliner, etc.

In all honesty, I would prefer sex links to wyandottes. 'Dottes just never have appealed to me for some reason.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if that chick is a sex link it would have to be female, despite what the comb and wattles say. The males chicks would have had large white patches on their heads (according to Ideal's website)?

I have noticed that my outside raised chicks develop fairly early, so I'm still holding out hope as far as gender goes - says Kat as she packs her bags to visit De Nial.
roll.png

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm going with black sex link for now. Also if I'm not mistaken Ideal's sex link hens have the gold barring around the neck and breast, so I'm going with pullet for now too.

Thanks y'all.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom