Help me convert this play structure into a coop.

Chickens. The ducks will have a step 2 playhouse!
Add 3 nest boxes on one side of the henhouse and make the back wall open for easy access to clean, put the henhouse chicken door on the front wall near the wall with the nest boxes and then add some roosts on the wall opposite the nest boxes. Make the roof either slanted to one side or peaked. Remember that if you do slant it to one side make sure rain will run off by the side that has the roosts.

The dimensions are 6'5" x 6'8". It is 3'6" tall from base to top rail. The platform is off of the ground at least 6', but some of the posts have sunk into the ground.
I am thinking I will need to leave an access door for me to clean. Should we add to the top or just add a roof? I am thinking a slanted roof might be easier to retrofit?
Should I make nest boxes to fit on the outside?

Don't rush to cut it. Higher the better against terrestrial predators, snakes and rats. Birds will love roosting high.
I thought about making it into a chicken palace, but then how would I clean? Climb the ladder and then just push it out the door? Lol
It would all be fine and dandy until I slipped and fell - which I am prone to do. ;)

Back
Top Bottom