Help me figure out this chick!!

I've had Millie DeFlure duccle bantams for over 6 years. Got one in mixed chick order from hatchery. Fell in love with the breed and have ordered twice from hatchery. Then started incubation of my own eggs. I swear sometimes I think they are boys and then they ended up being girls. I even sold all my extra boys because I thought I had 3 left from last hatch but when they grew up. Opps all girls. Luckily one of the chicken lovers I sold my boys to caught up with me and I was able to swap with him to get a boy back into my coop. Wait till he starts cock a doodle doing until you set him free.
I've had one girl that her comb was double the size of the other girls. Amazing how people friendly this breed is. My girls will hop up into my lap when I clap my leg while sitting. Course spoiled girl gets a treat & extra loving.

I've had Millie DeFlure duccle bantams for over 6 years. Got one in mixed chick order from hatchery. Fell in love with the breed and have ordered twice from hatchery. Then started incubation of my own eggs. I swear sometimes I think they are boys and then they ended up being girls. I even sold all my extra boys because I thought I had 3 left from last hatch but when they grew up. Opps all girls. Luckily one of the chicken lovers I sold my boys to caught up with me and I was able to swap with him to get a boy back into my coop. Wait till he starts cock a doodle doing until you set him free.
I've had one girl that her comb was double the size of the other girls. Amazing how people friendly this breed is. My girls will hop up into my lap when I clap my leg while sitting. Course spoiled girl gets a treat & extra loving.
I haven’t given up that it can still be a female. The comb and wattles haven’t gotten any bigger or deeper in color. No crowing yet! And until I hear it, he/she will just stay put 🙂

Update: Definitely a boy!! Started crowing around 9 weeks old. This is a pic from today, Colonel Sanders (my son named him 🤪) is about 15 weeks old now
21E47EEF-928B-4986-B40E-C7C0FAE3100B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom