Help me figure out which chicken layed what egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygirl911, Nov 4, 2010.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    Well we have 9 girls that are laying 3 EE's one laying blue and one laying green the other one not sure we also have 2 BR 2 RIR and 2 BSL we are getting around 9 eggs aday sometimes 5 my hubby thinks we have a red egg but i tell him that it is a very dark brown and one egg that is an off white color and he believes it has a lite pink tent to it and i was wondering if you could help settle the questions he has i would greatly appreciate it here is a pic of the 5 different collors we are getting

[​IMG]

the two in the back is green and blue and i know they are from two of the ee the first one in the front is a light brown egg like you would get in a store the second egg in the front is the off white looking one in color hubby thinks it has a pink tent to it and then the last one on the front is the one he thinks is a red egg but i tell him that is is a very dark brown egg i know the pic does not do a good job at showing the colors but any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I would guess that the BR is laying the pinkish one, the medium one is the RIR and the darkest is the BSL.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Here you go. Bottom row.

Black Sex Link/ Barred Rock/ Rhode Island Red

4. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    but what about the 3rd EE i have that is laying i get 4 of the 1st one on bottom 1 of the second one on the bottom and 2 of the last one on the bottom and one of each on the top row which come from 2 of my 3 ee's that are laying and is the third one actually a red tint egg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  5. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    I had an EE that laid a brown egg. Their color range is varied. She might be laying the "pink" egg in middle. Isn't it fun trying to match the eggs with the hens?!?!?

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Quote:x2

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

x3

8. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Pinkish one BR, but my Production Red lays ones just like the dark one on the right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by