help me figure these gals out?

Lady Jane is a boy for sure. That is just way too young for wattles like that.

I have a rooster that has never crowed, but mine usually wait until 6 months or so before they start. Once they start crowing, they are less friendly than they were as chicks (for the most part). I've found roos to be more outgoing and people friendly from the start. Hens normally shy away. Roos are meant to ballsy like that.

Since you are determined to make me cry
hit.gif
, Lady Jane has been renamed Mr. Darcy. Any guesses as to what he may be, besides part silkie? AP mentioned crevecour? I'm not familiar with that breed at all. Do you think that is right? Unfortunately, I now have to find homes for both my cockerels, Mr. Darcy and Ricky Riccardo (who was formally named Lucy), Hubby won't let them stay.

How about the others? Fairlight being a bantam blue ameraucana and Mary being ameracauna/silkie/polish mix?

**Is it at least possible that Mr. Darcy might truly be Lady Jane, and she is just an early developer?? Slightly possible? I mean, I'm sure you're right....but I'm SO hoping you're wrong. Besides the comb and wattle, what else should I be looking for? Aside from crowing! HA! That would give it away even to me! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom