Help me identify Guinea Fowl Eggs

shamin

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Hi,

This is really confusing . I have 2 chickens , 2 guinea fowl , and 1 rooster. I am a complete newbie to guinea fowls , but i have noticed the 2 of them make different sounds. I also noticed the rooster over a guinea fowl trying to mate so i estimate 1 is a female. (if not chickens are gay lol) ... The guineas are like 7 months so they must be laying eggs. I started to notice different type of eggs with chickens eggs , may be i have been eating guinea fowl egg without being noticed. so here is a picture of the eggs. Can any one identify if a guinea fowl egg exist?

The egg to the right.. it have some small dots , is it a guinea egg?

Hi,

This is really confusing . I have 2 chickens , 2 guinea fowl , and 1 rooster. I am a complete newbie to guinea fowls , but i have noticed the 2 of them make different sounds. I also noticed the rooster over a guinea fowl trying to mate so i estimate 1 is a female. (if not chickens are gay lol) ... The guineas are like 7 months so they must be laying eggs. I started to notice different type of eggs with chickens eggs , may be i have been eating guinea fowl egg without being noticed. so here is a picture of the eggs. Can any one identify if a guinea fowl egg exist?
That is one way that roosters show dominance, but if they are making two different sounds than one is a female the other a male. If you post this on the guinea thread you will probably get your answers. The guinea thread is under "other backyard poultry" section.

Last edited:
Can a Moderator please move the topic to guinea fowl section?

Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom