Help me identify hen and rooster

deepakgurung18

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2020
Please help identify hen and rooster with help of their wings. They 2 weeks old and they have different kind of wing design.
IMG_20201101_215019 (1).jpg
IMG_20201101_215055 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Do you know how to make a Sexlink cross or safely vent-sex? If not, your friend will have to wait until they’re a bit older.
So sorry we can’t help you more. If you post pics of them at six weeks old, we can tell genders by development- patterns and combs.

The wing test is rarely accurate at that age unless they're sex-linked by color or something. We'll give it a shot anyway if you want to post pictures though :D

Not all birds can be wing-sexed - it is not accurate with most breeds. What breed are they? I think they also may be past the age where it can be done even on the breeds where wing-sexing is possible, but I am definitely not an expert. But breed will be important to know :)

Not all birds can be wing-sexed - it is not accurate with most breeds. What breed are they? I think they also may be past the age where it can be done even on the breeds where wing-sexing is possible, but I am definitely not an expert. But breed will be important to know :)
This breed is "Giriraja" invented in india. This breed are hybreed chicken.

Interesting! What sort of hybrid are they? Meat or eggs?
What do they look like as adults?
It is a cross breed of local indian breed of poultry and white leghorn. They are reared for their eggs and meat. They have a high egg production potential along with better growth compared to local varieties. They start laying egg at around 4 months.
FGhnc4WTAbfMPALeUu7MXzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpeg

They look to be home-made mixes, probably of a game breed.

Back
Top Bottom