Help Me Name My Fish!!! *Img Hvy*

Quote:
This is great advice! I will argue a tiny little point: some of the fancy goldfish do appreciate warmer water. Not tropical, but in the range of upper 60's to mid 70's. This also happens to be the preferred temp range of several species of minnows including danios and white cloud mountain minnows. A huge school of those in a 200g would look awesome.

200G sounds good! Just make sure it is sealed tight!

A huge swarm of danios would be great! The regular type, not the fancy tailed or giant danio types. I think those look a bit funny and aren't as brilliant in coloring. But I'd still not mix gold fish and danios, as before you know it I bet the gold fish will get fat and you won't be able to find any danios left in your tank!

silkiechicken, thats not necessarily true. Considering how fast danios are and how big they get, the goldfish wouldn't be able to eat them unless they were BIG. Not to mention danios school together. You can put other coldwater fish with them, but just make sure they're not fin biters like Tiger Barbs. Also be careful of some plecostamus(sp?) as they will eat the slime coat off the goldfish. Only SOME do that, not all. I had a problem with one like that and the guy at the petstore said that there isn't much you can do about it except separate it.

Back
Top Bottom