Help Me Name My Fish!!! *Img Hvy*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ChicknThief, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG] I have finally done it! [​IMG] A few days ago I bought my first 10 gallon fish tank, and have put four goldfish, one snail, and one bottom feeder in it so far. But I need your help fellow citizens! Heeeeere we goooo! Name! Those! Fish! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also bought my very first Crown Tail Betta! He is in an awesome set up with a little castle and an accent light. He is simply beautiful! Help me name him! I was thinking something princely, but couldn't come up with anything. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am planning on picking up two maybe three more to put into my tank later today, so I will post pics of the newcomers when they arrive! Thanks for the help guys!!!

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Those are some nice looking goldfish... I can;t find anything near as good as that around here. What store did you purchase them from?

3. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I had a black goldfish, just like yours, when I was little. His name was Popeye.[​IMG]

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    We had one like the fish in pic 6. We named him Pokie. He lived for 4-5 years so we ended up naming him: Pokie the Wonder Fish

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Really nice fish! How about Suzy, Bob, Charles and Missy?

My Ryukins are named Madge and Sandy.

The betta, I am not sure. He is a very handsome guy, though!

6. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    The black one is Elvis, the gold one is Goldie (Hawn), The red-head in the first photo is Lucy (Ball), the really bloated one is Roseanne (Barr), and the pointy-haired one is Boy (George).

7. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Guitartists: I bought them at Incredible Pets in Grass Valley. They have a GREAT fish department, and this bunch were the last of the last. They got a new shipment of fantails in today, so hopefully I will find some truly stunning fish when I go today.

Quote:[​IMG] I LOVE that!

Ticks: He lived HOW LONG!? That is insane! What the hecker were you feeding him? Nuclear pellets or what?

WoodlandWoman: Suzy is my mom's name, and I don't think she would appreciate having a fish named after her. [​IMG] But I like the name Charles for the Crown Tail... Prince Charles... Very nice. [​IMG] I think Sandy is a nice name for the bloated goldish one too.

robinaggie: I really like the name Elvis for the black one!

So here is the updated Name List:

redhead: un-named
    goldish: Sandy
    black: Popeye or Elvis
    calico: un-named
    betta: Prince Charles

Very nice! [​IMG] Keep 'em coming!

8. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Oh and I forgot to ask: Prince Charles made a "bubble nest" last night. So would it be safe at this point to put a female in with him? How long would I leave her in there? Would I leave her in with the eggs and put Prince Charles in a different bowl for a while? How long would it take for the eggs to hatch? What would I do with the babies? Would I have to separate them at birth? [​IMG] OK, that is enough questions for now. [​IMG]

9. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    How naming one Sushi? [​IMG] They sure are beautiful! Boy betas make bubble nests BTW...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Argh! I can't help it, I just have to mention that your 10 gln. is too small for those goldfish. Goldfish are actually one of the messiest (poopiest) fish around and need excellent filtration in large tanks.

I know, I know, that's not what all of us ever did growing up. But, being a fish keeper for a few years now I've learned so much and it really is much healthier for your fish. Plus, they will live much longer than the typical few months that most gold fish survive.

Here's a really great fish site that you might want to drop by and check out:

http://www.aquahobby.com/

Sorry - I'm not good with names; I always pick really strange/unusual names for my animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by