Help me pick a new breed!

I would suggest a speckled sussex or

a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana.

10376_img_0649.jpg

All of these suggestions are fantastic, and you know what? Every time I look up one of the breeds, it just makes me want some gold-laced wyandottes more! I think that's what my heart really wants this time! But if I can, I might get that breed and one more. Maybe the Brahma this time and next time I have to replace a hen (hopefully to old age next time) a speckled sussex.

Here's min suggestion for ya: Easter Egger, they are friendly most of them anyway, don't really like being caught but certainly not afraid of you especially when yopu bring them their feed. On the plus side you will get colorful eggs. Mine have recently started laying and I show some friends at work an now they are asking for the green eggs specifically (Spelling?).

I love the partridge coloring on roosters, but on hens it just seems bland to me. And since I live in the city and can't have roosters, I'm avoiding the partridge color. Maybe someday...

I suggest Speckled Sussex. I just spoke to my mum who saw some in Sussex England, and she said they were big, like Rocks, but prettier. They also lay big eggs and are very good layers, and are good for cold weather.

I'm getting some myself.

Back
Top Bottom