Help me please.

divineangel94

Chirping
Jul 17, 2019
Ever since it was built we have had a leak problem. But it got a lot worse. I have no money so I need advice on how to fix this leak problem. As quickly as possible. The leak reaches all the way to the floor.
received_152583826300544.jpeg

50-45-1

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Feb 25, 2008
Northern Michigan (tip of the little finger area)
My Coop
My Coop
Looks like corragated roofing
Probably leaking through a nail hole placed in the valley. Best to Always place your nails on the hill.
Roof cement or caulk will be my choice, they cost some money though.
Got to take care of it though, it will rot the wood framing and add unwanted moisture to your coop.

U_Stormcrow

Free Ranging
Jun 7, 2020
North FL Panhandle Region / Wiregrass
as a temporary fix, a bit of caulk - preferably silicone - will fill the spot where the hole is - either because a nail rusted out, the washer around a screw didn't seal, whatever. Then cover with tape - the foil tape used for sealing AC system ducting is best.

If that's not available, just tape will make a temporary seal on the outside.

If neither of those things, plumbers putty will work in a pinch, but very temporary, and will make it harder to adhere tape later.

hayley3

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
Ever since it was built we have had a leak problem. But it got a lot worse. I have no money so I need advice on how to fix this leak problem. As quickly as possible. The leak reaches all the way to the floor. View attachment 2462190
Is it an attached roof to another roof? Does it have flashing? My lean-to leaked like crazy because he forgot to put flashing between the two roofs. What is all that white stuff for? to stop the leak?

Last edited:

Rldad1

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
North Alabama
as a temporary fix, a bit of caulk - preferably silicone - will fill the spot where the hole is - either because a nail rusted out, the washer around a screw didn't seal, whatever. Then cover with tape - the foil tape used for sealing AC system ducting is best.

If that's not available, just tape will make a temporary seal on the outside.

If neither of those things, plumbers putty will work in a pinch, but very temporary, and will make it harder to adhere tape later.
X2

Top Bottom