HELP me save my chick!

I don’t have better advice to give, maybe seperate it and offer slightly sweetened water? I wish I could offer more, but unfortunately losing baby chicks/ ducklings is inevitable. However, depending on what is causing it, you might not want to spread it to the rest of your flock

x2 on the Poultry Nutri-Drench, if she's still alive tomorrow I'd suggest going to the feed store and picking some up. In a pinch I've used a little molasses diluted with water (as molasses is the main ingredient in Nutri-Drench) as a quick boost but best you get the real thing.

You'll want to direct dose her with a few drops of Nutri-Drench, full strength. I find it easiest to drip drops onto the bottom beak and let them lap it up to avoid aspirating.

It's been a few days now and the chick seems to be doing well. Is eating, drinking and pooping normally. BUT every once in awhile I find her on her back and unable to get up. I flip her back over and she goes right to eat and scratch again. She is definitely alot smaller than the others. What would cause her to keep ending up on her back like that? I still have her in a separate brooder away from others that could potentially step or hurt her. Anyone seen this before? What is it and what can I do more?

It's been a few days now and the chick seems to be doing well. Is eating, drinking and pooping normally. BUT every once in awhile I find her on her back and unable to get up. I flip her back over and she goes right to eat and scratch again. She is definitely alot smaller than the others. What would cause her to keep ending up on her back like that? I still have her in a separate brooder away from others that could potentially step or hurt her. Anyone seen this before? What is it and what can I do more?
never seen this before... strange

Its possible it was born with a vitamin deficiency or has a neurological issue. No sure way to tell

I am sorry you are experiencing this. I wish I knew more and could help you. Hoepfully, someone will have some good suggestions.
give it gatorade or sugar in the water to help it boost . a little sugar rush and give a little bit of lime on the beak . in mexico we give lime or garlic cloves small pieces tho or onion to chickens to help when they're sick .

Its possible it was born with a vitamin deficiency or has a neurological issue. No sure way to tell
I'm starting to think it may be neurological too. I've already given vitamins, and gave gatorade or a boost. It's been almost a week, so it has to be something possiby permanent, other than an illness that can be cured. 😪

If it's possibly neurological it wouldn't hurt to dose her with liquid vit B complex (the type made for a humans) for a few weeks. A drop or two a day should be enough for a chick - you can either carefully direct dose, or just drop it onto some wet feed.

Back
Top Bottom