Help me sex my 25 wk old Silkie Please

chazj

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here, but thought I'd come out of hiding to show you guys some pictures:

This is Earl my white silkie and Foxy my black polish. Earl is definitely a roo since he's been crowing for a while now.

This is California. My husband swears Cal is a roo, but I'm determined that Cal is a pullet. Any idea who is right?

Not a very good full body pic, but Cal will NOT stay in one place.

And finally this is Sass. Sass I'm pretty sure is the only female silkie I have. Right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chaz

I can't help with that, but I would like to Welcome you to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

calico is deff a roo the black im not sure the comb looks like a roo but the body looks like a hen.....
idunno.gif

I knew I was in denial about Cal. Hubs is ALWAYS right and he's been saying "Cal is crowing, you're just in denial babe and you refuse to hear it."

The black - Sass is the one that's confusing to me too. She's a LOT smaller than Earl or Cal, runs away, and doesn't make a sound unless there are meal worms involved. The head versus body is what is confusing to me too. I'm thinking Roo too though.

Right now they all get along just fine but I'm wondering if that will continue in the long run, especially with only 4 gals in the mix. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom