Help me sex this duck!

5DuckFarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
NJ
Ok, so below is a picture of my Swedish/Runner duck. It is smaller than my other females. It doesn't have a curled tail and has not jumped on our hens. It hasn't laid an egg (however, we got it from a place with many ducks so it might not been healthy enough yet). But it has an unusual sound. It is deeper than my Peking drakes sound. We are almost sure it is a girl. "Her" name is Lucy. Can anyone help?!

The place we got it from told us it was a female. But we are still not 100% sure.

Really? Sounded just like a male to me! o.o;; Same hoarse, monotone grunt-quack. But there's no curly feather, so...maybe you have a tomboy?
hu.gif
It through me off some too but listening to the Pekin drake quack it on youtube this duck though lower pitched didn't sound like the drake. am I making sense? I was hoping to find a video of a Swede quacking but didn't come up with one.okay this is what i was looking for..
http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm what do you think?

Last edited:
The bill color made me think that it was a drake, and for me the video confirmed that fact. I believe it is a young drake.

The bill color made me think that it was a drake, and for me the video confirmed that fact. I believe it is a young drake.
Well I was wrong again.. although the video made the drakes sound like frogs, and I didn't think the duck in question sounded quite that bad. lol But what do i know i have quackless ducks. er drakes.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom