Help Me With Food Timing and Type Please

Ah, I see. Since you leave the dry food out as well, do you notice them preferring to eat the wet food (just out of curiosity)?

And curious if anyone knows about this. On the Nutri-Drench bottle it says to mix up fresh solution daily. Is this because it somehow loses potency after a day, or are they assuming the chicks are dirtying the water and it should be changed anyway? If it put it in my nipple waterers I'm just wondering if it's necessary to discard it daily if they haven't drank it all?

Also, the dosage is cut in half at 5 days, 15 days, 4 weeks and 6 weeks. Anybody know why this is? If I were to give it for 10 days like GC-Raptor did I'd have to offer 1 mL/L the first 4 days and then 0.5 mL/L for the next 6 days. Does it hurt them to have the higher dosage? Not trying to be difficult, I just wonder why things are the way they are. It's weird that as the get bigger they need less. It seems like they'd need more.

Nutridrench dosage tapers because they need the stronger solution initially to give them a kick in the pants, but they need less as they stabilize.
That said, I dont use it in the traditional way.....I will direct dose a couple drops to really "down" chicks or mix a little in a fluid bolus I plan to tube to a dehydrated bird....and my first couple of mashed offered I mix a splash of nutridrench into the water used to mix the mash.
Yes, they will attack the mash like the little dinos on Jurassic park attack fresh meat.....even with the full feeder there all day long....same goes for adult birds, something about adding water to the same exact feed they eat all day long magically transforms it to the best food ever

Nutridrench dosage tapers because they need the stronger solution initially to give them a kick in the pants, but they need less as they stabilize.
That said, I dont use it in the traditional way.....I will direct dose a couple drops to really "down" chicks or mix a little in a fluid bolus I plan to tube to a dehydrated bird....and my first couple of mashed offered I mix a splash of nutridrench into the water used to mix the mash.
Yes, they will attack the mash like the little dinos on Jurassic park attack fresh meat.....even with the full feeder there all day long....same goes for adult birds, something about adding water to the same exact feed they eat all day long magically transforms it to the best food ever
:yuckyuck
This is very true. I believe it's because adding water/heating the food up makes it more aromatic/flavorful.

But, in your opinion, it would not hurt them in any way to have them drink a higher concentration for longer?

Also, the dosage is cut in half at 5 days, 15 days, 4 weeks and 6 weeks. Anybody know why this is? If I were to give it for 10 days like GC-Raptor did I'd have to offer 1 mL/L the first 4 days and then 0.5 mL/L for the next 6 days. Does it hurt them to have the higher dosage?
If you feed a Chick Starter, Starter-Grower or a Start & Grow feed, they have the optimal amount of Vitamins and Minerals.
The Nutri Drench also has Vitamins in much higher concentration. It's formulated to help sick or stressed Chicks from shipping.
Continued dosing at the highest level could cause Vitamin toxicity.
The formula contains Molasses. I suspect it could go bad when left in the waterer.
My Chick waterer is 1 quart. I changed it daily following directions for dosage. GC
ETA; I only used it for 10 days.

Last edited:
If you feed a Chick Starter, Starter-Grower or a Start & Grow feed, they have the optimal amount of Vitamins and Minerals.
The Nutri Drench also has Vitamins in much higher concentration. It's formulated to help sick or stressed Chicks from shipping.
Continued dosing at the highest level could cause Vitamin toxicity.
The formula contains Molasses. I suspect it could go bad when left in the waterer.
My Chick waterer is 1 quart. I changed it daily following directions for dosage. GC
ETA; I only used it for 10 days.
Duly noted. Thank you. I will change it according to the proper dosage.

Back
Top Bottom